Description, Subscribers and Opens, Archive, Subscribe
My newsletter includes content in the following genres: science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, and horror. I will occasionally include “how-to” books (e.g., writing, publishing, marketing) for authors. I will also occasionally include science books if I feel they have a real potential of providing fodder for science fiction authors as well as mythology and medieval history if they could provide input to fantasy authors. I hold a giveaway each month. I typically contribute reviews of books I’ve read, book excerpts, character interviews, and current status of my writing. I am very much interested in hosting author and character interviews, book spotlights, and guest blog posts. If you want me to post a book spotlight or a character interview, I would appreciate an e-copy of your book so that I can read and review it on the blog. I also post my reviews on Amazon and Goodreads.
Subscribers and Opens
The following graphic shows how the readership of the newsletter has increased over time. Each month, new people subscribe while others unsubscribe. Readership began to greatly increase in September 2017, when I started offering free ebooks in exchange for subscribing as part of Instafreebie group giveaways. Subscriptions plateaued in March 2018, when I made subscription optional (i.e., requiring explicit opt-in). Subscriptions will drop with the August 2018 issue due to scrubbing my subscriber list of people who consistently do not open the newsletter email.
You can read previous issues by clicking on the links below:
- Vol. 3, No. 11, 28 October 2019 (4,462 subscribers)
News (prizes and a new book) and a Halloween SFF Bargain Sale.
- Vol. 3, No. 7, 10 July 2019 (4,321 subscribers)
News and three group giveaways.
- Vol. 3, No. 6, 27 June 2019 (4,358 subscribers)
News and Book Lovers Summer Reading Hamper group giveaway.
- No May 2019 Issue.
- Vol. 3, No. 4, 3 April 2019 (4,341 subscribers)
Aileen O’Shannon Character Interview.
- Vol. 3, No. 3, 2 March 2019 (4,337 subscribers)
Blog post on researching background, three group giveaways, and author spotlights on Jay Allen and Jennie E. Nicassio.
- Vol. 3, No. 2, 1 February 2019 (3,002 subscribers)
Movie script news and two group giveaways.
- Vol. 3, No. 1, 3 January 2019 (2,938 subscribers)
Three group giveaways.
- No December 2018 Issue.
- Vol. 2, No. 11, 8 November 2018 (1,110 subscribers)
- Vol. 2, No. 10, 2 October 2018 (1,045 subscribers)
- Vol. 2, No. 9, 3 September 2018 (2,822 subscribers)
- Vol. 2, No. 8, 7 August 2018 (2,715 subscribers – after cleaning)
News, Sweepstakes, TBD group giveaways of FREE ebooks, Author TBD’s TBD and Author TBD’s TBD (Spotlight).
- Vol. 2, No. 7, 1 July 2018 (4,006 subscribers)
News, Sweepstakes, FIVE group giveaways of FREE ebooks, Author Carissa Andrews’ Oracle and Pendomus (Spotlights), and Author Adrienne Woods’ Dream Casters Light (Spotlight).
- Vol. 2, No. 6, 1 June 2018 (4,060 subscribers)
News, Sweepstakes, FIVE group giveaways of FREE ebooks, and Michelle Lowe’s Legacy (Spotlight and Character Interview).
- Vol. 2, No. 5, 1 May 2018 (4,062 subscribers)
Movie Script Status, TJ Muir’s On Borrowed Luck (Spotlight), Jean Nixon’s Jax Starlight (Spotlight), and Nick S. Thomas’s Battle Beyond Reality (Spotlight).
- Vol. 2, No. 4, 1 April 2018 (4,071 subscribers)
Movie Script Status, John Ackers’s The Infinet (Spotlight), L. D. Fox’s Corrupting Xenia Applebottom (Spotlight and Book Review), and Carlyle Labuschagne’s The Shadow Files (Spotlight).
- Vol. 2, No. 3, 1 March 2018 (4,049 subscribers)
Movie Script Status, C.E. Clayton’s The Monster of Selkirk (Spotlight and Character Interview), Marilyn Peake’s The Other (Spotlight), and Renee Scattergoods’s The Dream Crypt (Spotlight).
- Vol. 2, No. 2, 1 February 2018 (3,764 subscribers)
News, Free Books, Article (The Aliens of the Hell Holes Books), Julian Coleman’s César: A Dark Paranormal Romance Novel (Spotlight), Cathrina Constantine’s Snow on Cinders (Spotlight, Author Interview, and Book Review), and Katherine Nader’s The Foragers
- Vol. 2, No. 1, 1 January 2018 (3,050 subscribers)
Movie Script Status, How I get My Ideas, Ami Blackwelder’s Exotiqa (Spotlight and Author Interview), Lily Luchesi’s Never Again (Spotlight and Character Interview), and Alisdair Shaw’s The Guardian (Spotlight)
- Vol. 1, No. 10, 1 December 2017 (2,563 subscribers)
Book review of The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston, Cate Farren’s The Lucifer Pact (Spotlight), CJ Parry’s The Apostate Prince (Spotlight), and Dan Petrosini’s The Final Enemy (Spotlight and Author Interview)
- Vol. 1, No. 9, 1 November 2017 (2,351 subscribers)
How to Write Book Reviews, Russell Newquist Author Spotlight, M. A. Phipps Author Spotlight, and Dean F. Wilson Author Spotlight
- Vol. 1, No. 8, 1 October 2017 (2,132 subscribers)
Draft Movie Script, Dean F. Wilson Book Spotlight and Review, Author Jesikah Sundin Book Spotlight, and Author J.L. Stowers Book Spotlight
- Vol. 1, No. 7, 1 September 2017 (2,092 subscribers)
New book cover, Sarah Buhrman Author Spotlight and Interview, and Dean F. Wilson Author Spotlight
- Vol. 1, No. 6, 1 August 2017 (692 subscribers)
Hell Holes Movie Script outline, Alisha Constanzo Author Spotlight and Interview, and Adam Dreece Author Spotlight and Interview
- Vol. 1, No. 5, 1 July 2017 (709 subscribers)
Hell Holes: What Lurks Below new book cover, Owen Tyler’s Apprentice (author spotlight and interview, book spotlights, and reviews), and Myths and Magic book blast
- Vol. 1, No. 4, 1 June 2017 (493 subscribers)
Hell Holes: What Lurks Below new book cover, Hell Holes movie script kickoff meeting, Nebula Awards Mass Autographing Event, Renee Scattergood Shadow Stalker (book review, spotlight, and character interview), and Myths and Magic book blast
- Vol. 1, No. 3, 1 May 2017 (464 subscribers)
Hell Holes Movie Script, Renee Scattergood Shadow Stalker book review, Karen Tomlinson A Bond of Venom and Magic, Book 1 of The Goddess and Guardians book blast
- Vol. 1, No. 2, 1 April 2017 (396 subscribers)
Hell Holes movie pitch, Ashley Hunt Cyberpunk Tales trilogy (book reviews and character interview), and Brain to Books Cyberconvention and Book Expo announcement
- Vol. 1, No. 1, 1 March 2017 (138 subscribers)
Book Launch article and Andy Zack’s Zombie Turkeys Book blast.
Fill out the following form to subscribe to my monthly newsletter. You’ll find book reviews, author and character interviews, spotlights on paranormal, fantasy, and science fiction books, the latest news about my books, contests, and giveaways.
Trying your subscription